UBW are able to accept donations of wedding, bridesmaid and flower girl dresses.
Clothing made from your dress will be donated to hospitals and funeral directors and will also be used in our Emergency Packs sent directly to parents.
HOW TO DONATE YOUR DRESS
PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE IS CURRENTLY A 6 MONTH WAITING LIST FOR DONATIONS. WE HAVE KINDLY HAD A LOT OF OFFERS OF DRESSES AND OUR LADIES ARE CURRENTLY WORKING HARD TO GET THROUGH THE LIST. WE ARE MORE THAN HAPPY TO ADD YOU TO OUR LIST BUT WILL NOT BE ABLE TO TAKE YOUR DRESS FROM YOU FOR SOME TIME.
- We can accept wedding, bridesmaids, flower girl and ball gowns of any colour APART FROM RED and DARK YELLOW
- We can accept black dresses and dark blue/navy as these can be used as waistcoats or trousers on the boy outfits made from other dresses.
- We can only accept dresses in good condition with no yellowing stains or which have not been stored in a smokers environment.
- We ask our seamstress to take a photo of your dress upon arrival but if you can take a photo before sending, please do and email it to us.
- Please make sure that when you send your dress you include your name, postal and email address. We have a limited amount of seamstresses and therefore the waiting list can take up to six months.
- Please do not post your dress to the PO Box address. Once you have reached the top of the waiting list, we will contact you with the name and address of your seamstress to post or deliver your dress to.
- Once your dress is with a seamstress please wait patiently as it can take a few months to fully transform your dress.
- Once your dress has been transformed, we will email you with photos and these will be uploaded to our Facebook and Instagram accounts and here on our website.
- We can not guarantee you a seamstress in your local area as we are at present a small group, so you may be required to cover the cost of postage to your allocated seamstress. Please keep this in mind before offering us your dress.
BECOME A VOLUNTEER SEAMSTRESS
- We will send you a welcome pack to your home address.
- You must have a read through this and sign the agreement.
- Your pack will include a couple of patterns for you to use as a test run in your own time, to make sure that you are comfortable in volunteering for us.
- Consent forms within the pack must be returned to us before we can provide you with a dress.
- As a wedding dress has a huge sentimental value to its owner and as it is our company name attached to the gowns, we need to be able to form a bond with our volunteers and so we require your permission for your personal details to be kept on our records.
- We shall not share your details with anyone else apart from the person who is donating their dress to you.
- We require volunteers all over the UK and we try to match up our volunteers with dresses which are local to you, so you must be comfortable and able to either meet with the person donating their dress, or for us to give them your address for them to post the dress directly to you.
- It is your responsibility to provide all materials other than a dress to work with (embellishments, ribbons, threads etc), and to cover the cost of posting the items made from the dress to us.